NEXT MARKET: CHRISTMAS SUNDAY, 14 DECEMBER, 12 - 3.30pm, Village Square
TASTES of a KENTISH HARVEST SUPPER
Monday, 20 October, 7 for 7.30pm, Elham Village Hall
Join us to savour the flavours from our traders with a delicious seven-course menu with produce from the traders who will be attending our Christmas market.
1. Smoked trout paté (VJ Game); Vegetarian option: Mushroom paté. Served with Tiger Bread toast (Lyminge Bakery)
2. Pumpkin soup with lemongrass and chilli, served with Honey Spelt or Pumpkin Seed rolls (Lyminge Bakery)
3. Elderflower and lemon sorbet with Prosecco
4. Kentish Pork and Cider casserole (Studdle Farm and Rough Old Wife Cidery); Vegetarian option: Seasonal vegetables au gratin. Both served with Kim's Potatoes and fresh vegetables
5. Pear and almond tart with toffee drizzle and ice cream (Catherine's Cakes)
6. Cheese (Canterbury Cheesemakers) and Kent Cobnut biscuits (Potash Farm)
7. Coffee with Petit Fours (Handmade by Henry)
Price: £22 per head (please bring your own wine). Tickets available from Brown's Estate Agency in Elham. Please indicate vegetarian option when buying your ticket.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
******************************************* You can find a full list of producers on our Producers' page.
If you want some inspiration about what to cook, the BBC website is just one site that has a host of recipe suggestions. For other ideas, look up our own market recipes here.
Friends of Elham Food Festival
The Food Festival is a not-for-profit organisation run by a management committee of volunteers representing different village organisations. We hope to hold it three or four times a year. The committee and other volunteers help with a number of tasks on market days, but we always need more Friends of Elham Food Festival to take a turn at putting up the bunting and help set up and take down the gazebos. Come and join us and make new friends.
Contact the market manager, Julie Woodgate on t: 01303 840044 for more details.
Elham Food Festival - delicious, nutritious and on your doorstep
Folkestone-born celebrity chef Phil Vickery has been a supporter of Elham Farmersí Market from the start, not only because of his local connection when he worked at the Rose and Crown in Elham, but also because he is passionate about English cooking, seasonality and regional food.
In his latest message of support, Phil said: "I am delighted that the market has been such a success so far and will now become a permanent feature in Elham. Congratulations to the local producers for providing such a range of high quality goods, and to your shoppers for recognising and appreciating the value of good seasonal local food, produced by people who care."